Architect: Defines the technical IS a solution and ensures alignment with other modules and surrounding IS applications through cooperation and collaboration with IS solution architects across IS delivery units. Engages in requirement analysis to decide which requirements are covered by available, standard functionalities, for which functionality enhancements are needed and for which functionality workarounds are accepted. Supports validation and prioritization of incoming business demand in collaboration with the relevant IS Service Manager and/or Global IS Domain Architect. Reviews and signs off on the functional and technical use case specifications.
Best practice & Knowledge sharing: Keeps knowledge up-to-date regarding new and emerging IS technology and IS industry practices, bringing learning into ABB; all within the scope of the relevant IS solutions.
IS Services: Collaborates with users in projects and problem management to maintain, develop and deploy the best feasible and most cost-efficient IS solutions/services for the business. Ensures manuals for users are created to describe the operating procedures. Consults gives advice and supports the installation of new IS solutions/services, or the changing of existing IS solutions/services.
Processes: Consults the users to identify and learn about current procedures and to clarify further requirements. Supports the installation, management, maintenance, and optimization of all IS processes related to the area of responsibility.
Governance: Provides guidance to IS project management and IS delivery unit teams on how to utilize IS application/solution standards (e.g. SAP) effectively. Communicates project delivery related decision demand towards project and service management in collaboration with the Global IS Domain Architect to ensure resolution and avoid delivery issues. Commits and contributes to common result-oriented collaboration with the various Business Processes IS architectural domains, as well as the various Enterprise Technology, IS architecture domains. For assigned tasks, executes all actions in IS processes according to agreed RACIS or LEC definitions.
Incident, Change or Project: Contributes to IS Problem and IS Incident Management goals to address ticket volume by detecting re-occurring defects and eliminating these. Proactively supports issue resolution during project delivery to avoid delays or any other form of negative impact to a project or service.
Stakeholder Management: Supplies the IS Service Manager(s) with relevant stakeholder information related to IS solution/services. When required, works together with relevant stakeholders (e.g., business managers, IS Service Managers, other Domain IS Architects, IS Solution Architects, IS Sourcing and 3rd Party IS Suppliers) regarding their expectations, business and technical requirements, and in accordance with GF-IS policies, IS procedures and IS guidelines.
People, Leadership and Development: Provides support to temporary work teams, guiding and monitoring task completion, sharing expert knowledge and advice with/without carrying line responsibility.
Application Technology: Drives adoption of future Business Intelligence product releases ensuring alignment with overall release strategy and plans for global Business Intelligence solutions. Provides input into project delivery teams to provide Business Intelligence insight and quality assurance with regards to solution implementation. Provides comprehensive experience in designing, developing and supporting the implementation of IS strategy in the context of Business Intelligence, driving adoption of best practices and strategic frameworks.
Solution Delivery: Advises project delivery (ABB or 3rd party) on approaches to Business Intelligence service design, build, delivery and tests ensuring adherence to best practices and IS delivery framework.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Computer Science, MIS, Business, or related field with a minimum of 15 years of IS experience within the relevant IS domain.
- Manages a team of Data Architects, project managers, and consultants overseeing projects & manage work allocations, escalations & performance metrics for the team
- Strong understanding of BI Technology landscape - RDBMS, Big Data, Data Ingestion, Data modeling, Data visualization, virtualization, data catalog, master data management, and data governance
- Excellent experience to translate business requirements into IS capabilities and solutions
- Strong analytical skills and a deep understanding of the overall context of business processes and IS technologies
- Excellent experience in leading global matrixed teams and collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Strong experience in project planning and execution as well as economic aspects of system management and life cycle
- Strong technical skills and applied knowledge in the following areas: Data warehouse â?? Oracle DWH, SAP BW
- ETL tools like Informatica, Alteryx etc
- Data visualization tools like Tableau / Qlikview / Power BI /Business Objects
- Data Virtualization tools like Denodo
- Data Lake tech stack â?? Hadoop, HDFS, Hive, Spark
- Data science - R, Python
- Cloud experience â?? AWS/Azure
- Knowledge of contemporary Cloud data warehouse â?? Amazon Redshift, Snowflake, Azure SQL data warehouse
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that allows them to work for ABB in the United States.