Short DescriptionSamsung is seeking a Data Scientist who can develop solution architectures and proofs-of-concept (POCs) that can be seamlessly handed off to other Data Scientists for development.
- Research cutting edge data science methods deeply to 1) qualify each methods' viability to meet Samsung's delivery standards and 2) propel Samsung's solutions into brand new spaces.
- Develop solution architectures and proofs-of-concept (POCs) that can be seamlessly handed off to other Data Scientists for development
- Discover and apply insights from massive data sets of structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data
- Collaborate with Line of Business teams and executive sponsors to develop novel, practical, and operationalized analytics that drive explicit business value at the customer level
- Combine strengths in data management, analysis, applied statistics, and visualization capabilities
- Develop data analysis solutions based on descriptive analyses and predictive models
- Collaborate with marketing, service, development, and engineering teams to ensure that requirements for integration, security, data quality and cross-functional usage are addressed
- Extensive experience solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches and a proven passion for generating actionable insights and predictions from data.
- 3+ years of experience developing analytic results that directly inform and/or enable quantifiable business action, either by providing insights or building analytic applications.
- 3+ years of statistical programming experience.
- 2+ years working with big data experience; regular use of data with high-volume (1TB+) & high-dimensionality (500+ variables per schema).
- Intermediate level Python programming expertise.
- Intermediate level SQL expertise.
- Expertise in GLM regression (linear, logit, multinomial), decision trees, random forests, gradient boosted trees.
- MS or Ph.D. in Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, or Economics required.
- Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner is required.
- 2+ years of experience in sales or marketing functions for consumer products, retail, tech, telecom, or financial industries.
- Intermediate level R programming expertise.
- Expertise with Hive, Impala, and Spark.
- Expertise in deep neural networks, panel regression, Bayesian regression, times series, optimization and mathematical programming, reinforcement learning.
- Familiarity with the Hadoop framework with hands-on experience both querying and applying statistics on massive data sets.
- Experience with GIT, Jira, Agile Software Development.
- Experience with UNIX/Linux environment.
- Shell scripting.
- incremental MBA.