Short DescriptionExpedia is seeking a Software Development Engineer who has strong technical proficiency, capable of problem-solving and applying critical thinking.
- Design and develop innovative solutions using distributed systems (microservices), develop these capabilities through the entire application life cycle, from the design through development, test, deployment, and operational support.
- Work with developers, program management and product management to estimate and deliver objectives/goals together as a team.
- Write automated unit, integration and acceptance tests to drive continuous improvement and continuous delivery in the software development process within an agile development team.
- Work with the team to evaluate & select new technologies for new cloud automation opportunities.
- Operate effectively within the organization's formal and informal structures by building relationships across departments and understanding the roles and perspectives of diverse partner groups.
- You have a genuine thrust for learning!
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, or related technical fields.
- Experience in the range of 1-4 years in software development (SDLC), or in object-oriented programming, having worked with distributed systems.
- A strong interest/experience in Cloud platforms like AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, etc.
- Excellent coding skills in any modern programming language (Java is preferred).
- Strong technical proficiency, capable of problem-solving and applying critical thinking.
- A deep understanding of software design principles, algorithms and data structures.
- Experience with automated testing, including unit, functional, and integration testing.
- You have demonstrated self-discipline, dependability, and accountability.
- Strong interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication, problem-solving and analytical skills.
Software Development Engineer
Hotels.com, a leading global lodging expert operating 89 localized websites in 39 languages with its award winning Hotels.com Rewards loyalty program
Orbitz Worldwide, including leading U.S. travel websites Orbitz.com and CheapTickets.com, as well as ebookers, a full service travel brand with websites in seven European countries. Expedia Affiliate Network (EAN), a global B2B brand that powers the hotel business of leading airlines, top consumer brands, online travel agencies and thousands of other partners through its API and template solutions ,trivago, a leading online hotel search platform with sites in 55 countries worldwide , Egencia, a leading corporate travel management company
For corporate and industry news and views, visit us at www.expediainc.com or follow us on Twitter @expediainc.