Short DescriptionZS is hiring a Data Science Associate who can collaborate with clients and other ZS stakeholders to effectively integrate and communicate analysis findings.
- Develop advanced algorithms that solve problems of large dimensionality in a computationally efficient and statistically effective manner;
- Execute statistical and data mining techniques (e.g. hypothesis testing, machine learning, and retrieval processes) on large data sets to identify trends, figures, and other relevant information;
- Collaborate with clients and other ZS stakeholders to effectively integrate and communicate analysis findings;
- Evaluate emerging datasets and technologies that may contribute to our analytical platform;
- Participate in the development of select assets/accelerators that create scale;
- Contribute to thought leadership through research and publication support;
- Guide and mentor Associates on teams.
- Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, Statistics or related discipline, and strong academic performance with analytic and quantitative coursework is required;
- In lieu of a Ph.D., 3-5 years of relevant post-collegiate work experience;
- Knowledge of big data/advanced analytics concepts and algorithms (e.g. text mining, social listening, recommender systems, predictive modeling, etc.);
- Knowledge of programming (e.g. Java/Python/R);
- Exposure to tools/platforms (e.g. Hadoop ecosystem and database systems);
- Agile project planning and project management skills;
- Relevant domain knowledge preferred; (healthcare/transportation/hi-tech/insurance);
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail, with a research-focused mindset;
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills;
- High motivation, good work ethic, and maturity.
Data Science Associate