Short DescriptionExpedia is seeking a Software Engineer who can design and implements tools/systems to scale and automate operations tasks.
- Have 3+years experience using ETL and big data technologies, such as Informatica, Stonebranch, Hadoop, Kafka, Hive, Teradata, etc
- Have 2+ years of experience in systems engineering in Linux, OS-level file system and network troubleshooting.
- Have hands-on experience and knowledge of the fundamentals of cloud computing (including virtualization, multi-tenant cloud infrastructures, storage systems, and content delivery networks).
- AWS experience highly desired.
- Understand the systems engineering concepts.
- You should have excellent written and verbal communication, including technical writing skills
- Excellent standout colleague
- Being an open advocate for the DevOps model.
- Administration and Supporting end to end environment.
- Performing routine maintenance activities, engage in automation activities, do root cause analysis and remediation.
- Design and implement tools/systems to scale and automate operations tasks.
- Lead communication among team members and manage relationships with the business users
- Identifies potential areas where existing capabilities and processes require change and where new ones need to be developed - specifically to meet future business demands
- Ensure documentation is accurate and up to date
- Ensure that the BI system meets the current and future needs of the partners and userÔ??s community
- Education Requirements
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Data Analytics, Information Systems, or equivalent
Software Dev Engineer
Hotels.com, a leading global lodging expert operating 89 localized websites in 39 languages with its award winning Hotels.com Rewards loyalty program
Orbitz Worldwide, including leading U.S. travel websites Orbitz.com and CheapTickets.com, as well as ebookers, a full service travel brand with websites in seven European countries. Expedia Affiliate Network (EAN), a global B2B brand that powers the hotel business of leading airlines, top consumer brands, online travel agencies and thousands of other partners through its API and template solutions ,trivago, a leading online hotel search platform with sites in 55 countries worldwide , Egencia, a leading corporate travel management company
For corporate and industry news and views, visit us at www.expediainc.com or follow us on Twitter @expediainc.