Short DescriptionExpedia is hiring a Data Engineer who has very strong communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively with peers and stakeholders in various time zones.
- Deep understanding of modern data and software architectures, able to speak at every level of organization and across technology stacks.
- Working knowledge of distributed data processing frameworks (Hadoop, Spark, Storm), distributed compute and storage environments, application development, and large-scale analytics.
- 10+ years of experience leading or working on complex software projects using Java, Scala, Python or similar.
- 5+ years of experience in cloud computing, including multi-tenant cloud infrastructures, storage systems, security, and analytics.
- Very strong communication skills and ability to work collaboratively with peers and stakeholders in various time zones.
- Must be "self-motivated" as well as creative and efficient in proposing solutions to complex, time-critical problems.
- E-commerce and travel industry experience (preferred)
- Build scalable architectures for data storage, transformation, and analysis.
- You will provide technical leadership and participate in development efforts.
- You will drive innovation with technologies and solutions in the large-scale distributed cloud services and petabyte-scale data processing space.
- You will design platforms as consumable data services across the organization using Big Data tech stack.
- You should think of solutions as scalable generic reusable organization-wide platforms
- Collaborating across organizations in Expedia, you'll deliver rapid, iterative technology proof of concepts and service releases.
- You'll provide technical insight to the team, delivering recommendations, tutorials, blog articles, and technical presentations, adapting communication to different levels of technical partners.
- Collaborate with and contribute to open source communities, both internally and externally.
- Define and own end-to-end Architecture from the definition phase to the go-live phase for large and complex systems.
Hotels.com, a leading global lodging expert operating 89 localized websites in 39 languages with its award winning Hotels.com Rewards loyalty program
Orbitz Worldwide, including leading U.S. travel websites Orbitz.com and CheapTickets.com, as well as ebookers, a full service travel brand with websites in seven European countries. Expedia Affiliate Network (EAN), a global B2B brand that powers the hotel business of leading airlines, top consumer brands, online travel agencies and thousands of other partners through its API and template solutions ,trivago, a leading online hotel search platform with sites in 55 countries worldwide , Egencia, a leading corporate travel management company
For corporate and industry news and views, visit us at www.expediainc.com or follow us on Twitter @expediainc.