Short DescriptionHike Messenger is looking for a Software Development Engineer who has working experience with popular third-party libraries for networking, image handling, etc.
- As a Software Development Engineer - Android, you will:
- Work as a Senior Product Engineer, and deliver end to end experiences on hike's Android App
- Showcase strong coding abilities and experience with Java and Android SDK
- Design & code review, troubleshoot & help on issues
- Write model code for functional and nonfunctional requirements and help improve the code quality standard across the team
- Own end to end Engineering Metrics for the Areas you work on
- You are a B.Tech/M.Tech in Computer Science
- Proficiency in Kotlin, Git, and Gradle are a big plus
- You have deep knowledge of Collections, Algorithms and well-known application frameworks
- You have a strong understanding of object-oriented software development and design patterns
- You have exposure to MVVM and Android Architecture components.
- You have working experience with popular third-party libraries for networking, image handling, etc
- You have an understanding of large and complex code bases, including API design techniques to help keep them clean and maintainable
- You have knowledge of multithreading and memory management
- You are well versed with Automation, preferably using Espresso
- You have a solid understanding of implementing Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery principles
- A flat and transparent culture
- Flexible working hours - No fixed Checkin/Checkout
- Unlimited Snacks, food, and drinks on the house
- Tools of the trade - MacBook, Latest Softwares
- Monthly Communication Reimbursement
- Best learning and development opportunities
- A chance to have a big impact early in your career
Software Development Engineer
Hike Messenger (stylized as hike M E S S E N G E R) is a cross-platform instant messaging service for smartphones that use the internet for communication. In addition to text messaging, users can send each other graphical stickers, emoticons, images, videos, audios, files, voice messages, contacts and user location.
Hike was launched on 12 December 2012  and raised its first round of funding of $7 million from Bharti SoftBank in April 2013. Hike is a joint venture between Bharti Enterprises and SoftBank. On 16 August 2016 Hike raised $175 million in a new round of funding led by Tencent & Foxconn. After raising this round Hike Messenger reached the valuation of $1.4 Billion. Hike's founder is Kavin Bharti Mittal.