Short DescriptionExpedia is seeking a Software Engineer who will work with the business and technology groups to refine requirements and functional specifications.
- A conversation around flexible working and what is right for you is encouraged from day one/your first conversations with Hotels.com.
- Competitive salaries and many growth opportunities within the wider Expedia Group.
- Option to attend conferences globally and enrich the technology skills you are passionate about.
- Cash and Stock rewards for high achievers.
- Extensive travel rewards and discounts for all employees!
- Writing code - lots of it. Much of our code is in Java, but we use all kinds of languages and frameworks, e.g spring, Cassandra, Redis, Docker, Kubernetes, Wiremock, AWS, and we welcome programmers of all backgrounds
- Working in an agile team and look for ways to continuously improve through asking and providing feedback.
- You will provide technical guidance to other team members, review work of peers and more junior developers.
- You will act as a point of contact for technical issues for specific work streams within a project.
- Being part of the second Hotels.com team in India would mean that your input and participation will be critical to the scaling of Hotels.com India operations
- Work with the business and technology groups to refine requirements and functional specifications
- Along with the rest of the delivery team, responsible for delivering a product that satisfies customer-driven user stories
- Develop code, unit tests and automate acceptance tests in a continuously integrated environment
- Promote good development methodologies via code review and great software design
- Proactively monitor the health of applications owned by the team and address issues
- Encourage people to look at new ways of doing things
- Take care of our development tools and improve our continuous deployment process
- Significant experience in Java and web technologies
- Solid experience building APIs and microservices
- Docker, Bamboo and Ansible experience
- Knowledge/experience with AWS services is a big plus
Software Engineer I
Hotels.com, a leading global lodging expert operating 89 localized websites in 39 languages with its award winning Hotels.com Rewards loyalty program
Orbitz Worldwide, including leading U.S. travel websites Orbitz.com and CheapTickets.com, as well as ebookers, a full service travel brand with websites in seven European countries. Expedia Affiliate Network (EAN), a global B2B brand that powers the hotel business of leading airlines, top consumer brands, online travel agencies and thousands of other partners through its API and template solutions ,trivago, a leading online hotel search platform with sites in 55 countries worldwide , Egencia, a leading corporate travel management company
For corporate and industry news and views, visit us at www.expediainc.com or follow us on Twitter @expediainc.