Short DescriptionFICO is seeking a DevOps Engineer who has hands-on cloud-based application development experience highly desirable; especially AWS.
- Design and develop the server-side scripts and associated infrastructure needed to install, monitor, and manage the middleware technologies that serve as the foundation of the FICO Portal
- Design and develop CICD infrastructure needed rapidly and reliably deploy changes to the FICO Portal into various cloud-based environments
- Working Conditions
- Highly collaborative environment co-located with other members of the FICO Portal team in FICO's Bangalore office
- Work outside normal business hours sometimes required
- Travel 5-10%
- Education and/or Certifications
- MS or BS in Computer Science -or relevant technical field- highly desirable
- Significant coursework in computer science/software engineering
- Hands-on Java programming experience
- Technical Skills and Abilities
- Hands-on experience with SQL, Linux, and Web application development/debugging
- Advanced scripting experience; e.g., Bash, Python, Ruby, etc.
- Configuration management automation experience; e.g., Puppet, Chef, etc.
- Familiarity with container-based development technologies highly desirable; e.g., Docker, Kubernetes (K8s), etc.
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Hands-on cloud-based application development experience highly desirable; especially AWS
- Understanding of software development lifecycle processes and Agile development methodologies
- Understanding of Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CICD) processes and supporting tools; e.g., Jenkins
- Ability to multitask, set priorities, show initiative, and respond quickly in a fast-paced collaborative environment
- Soft Skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; team player comfortable working with geographically distributed teams