Short DescriptionGartner is looking for a Software Engineer who has the ability to solve cross-browser issues and understands web accessibility standards.
- Builds web applications - translates requirements and designs into working software, follows coding standards, conducts code reviews, builds appropriate unit tests & integration tests and follows security and performance best practices.
- Assists in defining software architectures
- Collaborates with leads to explore existing systems, determines areas of complexity, potential risks to successful implementation, learns the capabilities of the application
- Owns success - Takes responsibility for the successful delivery of the solutions.
- Contributes to continual improvement by suggesting improvements to application architecture, user interface and applying the latest technologies
- Ability to work independently or within a team, proactively, in a fast-paced Agile-SCRUM environment.
- University degree in Bachelor of Engineering or a Master's degree in CS with 2+ years of experience in software development.
- Must have strong Web UI knowledge and best practice skills, with experience in one or more frontend frameworks. (React/Redux/Angular/Material-UI/Bootstrap).
- Must have experience with relational databases (like Oracle/MySQL) with strong SQL skills, any NoSQL experience is a plus.
- Knowledgeable in using development tools, testing frameworks, servlet containers and techniques (Maven, JIRA, GIT/SVN, Bamboo/Jenkins, Selenium, JMeter, Tomcat, XP/TDD).
- Ability to solve cross-browser issues and understands web accessibility standards
- Experience developing responsive web sites desirable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to provide accurate estimates of technology work and deliver high-quality work on schedule
- Strong desire to improve upon their skills in software development, frameworks, and technologies