Short DescriptionTwitter is seeking a Software Engineer who can support and maintain your software systems to ensure a high-quality customer experience.
- Design scalable solutions that enable simple and elegant management and implementation of complex infrastructure systems.
- Maintain and expand Twitter DNS Infrastructure and implement features.
- Implement software in a reliable and sustainable manner.
- Support and maintain your software systems to ensure a high-quality customer experience.
- Collaborate with, learn from, and mentor teammates.
- Demonstrated ability to write modular and well-tested code.
- Track record of crafting and implementing complex software services
- BS in Computer Science or comparable experience
- 5+ years of industry experience at a large-scale internet service
- Fluency in Python, Scala, Java, C++, or similar (Scala or Python strongly preferred)
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms and complexity analysis
- Comfortable working in a small, fast-growing, and dynamic development environment
- Knowledge of DNS protocol
- Knowledge of DNSSEC and various security extensions to DNS
- Experience building and operating DNS services at scale
- Understanding of TCP and UDP network protocols
- Datacenter, Network and System knowledge: you know the layers below the systems.
- Ideally, you can provide a link to your portfolio of websites, personal projects, GitHub repos, or technology blog
- You use and love Twitter
- You are not afraid of a challenge at scale