Short DescriptionAirbnb is looking for a Data Scientist - Algorithms who has 6+ years industry experience developing machine learning models at scale from inception to business impact.
- Building machine learning models to detect high risk activities like account takeovers, fake contents and fraudulent transactions, or high risk entities like fake accounts or stolen cards.
- Experimentation of new Airbnb product features to deter and mitigate risk.
- Working cross functionally with operations and product teams to define and collect labels for model training, optimize effectiveness of manual review, and build self-satisfiable verifications that scale.
- Devising optimization models to make optimal business decisions while minimizing risk
- Innovating modeling frameworks in this adversarial setup, e.g., how can models collaboratively surface more risks, or how can models adapt to emerging patterns quickly
- Building NLP models to detect spam and inappropriate content on the fly.
- Utilizing Deep Learning techniques for advanced feature engineering and model building, e.g., how to model for user behavior sequences, or how can we detect anomalies effectively.
- Advanced degree in a quantitative field.
- 6+ years industry experience developing machine learning models at scale from inception to business impact. Proven ability to tailor your solutions to business problems in a cross functional team.
- Deep understanding of modern machine learning techniques and their mathematical underpinnings, such as classification, clustering, optimization, deep neural network and natural language processing.
- Strong programming skills (Python, R preferred).
- Versatility to communicate clearly with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Data analytical and data engineering experience is a plus (Hive, Presto, Spark preferred).
- Experience productionizing real-time machine learning model is a plus.
- Relevant trust experience is a plus.
Data Scientist - Algorithms