Short DescriptionPayPal is seeking a Data Science Manager who can Recruit, build and retain a top-tier data science team that brings together top talent at all levels, cutting edge technology, and analytics innovation.
- Recruit, build and retain a top-tier data science team that brings together top talent at all levels, cutting edge technology, and analytics innovation
- Assess, inspire and motivate a high performing team of data science professionals
- Develop impactful relationships with senior leaders in the Credit Business, stakeholders across the broader company, and leaders in the broader Data Science community
- Design, develop and implement real-time, highly complex advanced machine learning models to solve credit business problems (demand generation, marketing, fraud, credit, account management, and collections)
- Build ML/AI solutions and together with strong partnerships with our engineering group and PayPal's Platforms organization.
- Communicate complex concepts and the results of the models and analyses to a technical and non-technical audience. Be able to influence partners and customers.
- Interpret and effectively defend approaches to 3rd parties, including technical regulatory examiners
- Be a true thought leader for our organization (and PayPal overall) and contribute significantly to develop the next generation of applicable AI technologies for the company.
- Advanced degree (MS or Ph.D.) in the science or engineering field with 8+ years of relevant experience. 4+ years of supervisory experience.
- Experience in building a strong team of data scientists
- Proven experience in solving open-ended business problems using data-science/ML/AI from initial ideation stage up to delivering a ready-to-use solution
- Have a true passion for working on big data/ML/AI and professional experience in data mining, statistical analysis, predictive modeling, managing product functions
- Strong problem-solving skills, business acumen, and communication skills
- Proven experience in working with multiple partner groups to drive longer-term strategies within a matrix-based organization
- Strong Programming experience in C/C++, or Java, and skills in scripting languages such as Perl or Python. Familiar with various Machine Learning algorithms and Statistical methods
- SQL and Hadoop / Other Big Data skills
- Experience in Fintech/Banking/Credit industry a strong plus
Sr. Manager, Data Science