Short DescriptionCisco is hiring a Business Intelligence Analyst who can facilitate and document business requirements meeting with leadership and key business partners.
- Work closely with all BI team members, continually guiding and learning.
- Facilitate and document business requirements meeting with leadership and key business partners.
- Analyze and define information needs and reporting/analytical requirements across the organization and translate those needs into functional requirements.
- Build architecture diagrams and systems documentation that can be understood and used by business users and IT.
- Design and build dimensionally modeled data warehouse components and integrated BI solutions.
- Design and build critical dashboards and reports, including ad-hoc and pre-defined content, that can be consumed daily by key partners in the organization.
- Partner with Business Operations to re-engineer business processes in order to make them more measurable and generate higher quality data.
- Execute ad-hoc research, ranging from basic SQL queries to building more advanced analytical models.
- BA/BS Degree (or equivalent) in a related discipline.
- Good interpersonal and writing skills.
- 8-10 years of practical development experience with dimensional modeling.
- 8-10 years in a business intelligence and/or data warehousing role.
- 8-10 years of validated business analysis experience.\
- 8-10 years of experience with business process re-engineering and architecture.
- Expert understanding of SQL and practical development experience with relational databases such as Snowflake (preferred), MySQL, etc.
- Practical development experience with Tableau (preferred), Looker, Pentaho, or another similar BI platform.
- Practical development experience with an integration tool such as Matillion (preferred), Talend, Kettle, Informatica, Boomi, SSIS, Mulesoft or similar.
- Practical development experience writing Python to move and transform data sets.
- Experience with data management and architecture including Meta and Master Data Management, hierarchy management and reference data.\
- Proven understanding of core business processes including Finance, Marketing, Sales, and Customer Success in a SaaS or subscription-based organization.
- Consistent record of data quality improvement.
- Passionate about data, analytics, and automation.
- Ability to quickly learn and acquire new job skills.
- Strong preference for consulting background.
- Experience administering AWS infrastructure.
- Experience working at an internet security company.
Business Intelligence Analyst