Short DescriptionABB is looking for a Software Engineer who has hands-on experience in C++ or C# and .NET platform. Experience in Python is an added advantage.
- Being part of a task force to support and contribute to the Digital Solutions Center (Industry 4.0) vision.
- Designing and build prototypes, products, and systems suitable for testing and deployment.
- Designing and implementing web applications in highly optimized and scalable data architectures.
- Collaborating on best practices, code reviews and process improvements.
- Technical planning, execution, and delivery of development projects for global industry members.
- Ensuring the delivery of software solutions utilizing different programming languages.
- Developing database solutions as well as developing algorithmic solutions using big data.
- Writing technical reports and presentations of technical results.
- Living ABB's core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A Degree / Masters in Computer Science or Engineering.
- Hands-on experience in C++ or C# and .NET platform. Experience in Python is an added advantage.
- Must have development experience in ASP.NET, HTML 5 and Java Scripts. Experience in producing reusable components using REACT/Redux frameworks.
- Proficient in developing cloud-based microservices, API development, containerizing services and integration with 3rd party services.
- Experience in RDBMS (Oracle or SQL server). Experience in NoSQL databases like CouchDB, MongoDB would be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of RTOS, Linux OS, and Windows will be appreciated.
- Experience in agile development methodologies and DevOps processes and technologies.
- Experience in Azure cloud services architecture and cognitive services.
- Experience in microservices and containerizing services, APIs and apps using Docker and other container services.
- A collaborative, solutions-oriented approach and strong communication skills.