Short DescriptionErnest and Young are seeking a Data Scientist who has the ability to execute advanced statistical methodologies required(e.g. supervised vs. unsupervised learning).
- Develop new data products. Utilize data science and computer science techniques to build new data-backed products that deliver proprietary insights to the business on topics most important to our clients. This will include:
- Rapidly test areas of interest. Help select the next big research project by utilizing lightweight analyses to stand up "what if" demonstrations of what could be.
- Collaboration product development. Work closely with the Advanced Insights lead and in collaboration with other team members to design, execute & implement new data-backed products
- Co-develop a research plan. Working closely with the team and other colleagues/stakeholders, provide creative input & technical guidance to help shape the data requirements and output of potential products.
- Collect data. Identify all possible data sources (internal, external, purchasable) and program or leverage existing tools to acquire the data (e.g.scrapers, APIs). Develop required tests to ensure quality.
- Clean data. Work with other team members to clean data, as required.
- Perform analyses. Preliminary, sense and quality checking analyses may be undertaken in business intelligence platforms like Power BI, Tableau, etc. Thereafter, all statistical analyses will be programmed in Python. Most research projects will utilize machine learning.
- Publish data internally. Help develop and deliver self-serve dashboards of top-line data insights for teams across EY to contextualize for clients and/or share externally.
- Ability to program in Python (100+ hours, in or outside of classroom settings required).
- 500+ total hours of coding experience outside of classroom settings required, regardless of the programming language used (e.g. Java, C, C#, PHP, MATLAB)
- Demonstrable understanding of statistical theories and applications required.
- Ability to execute advanced statistical methodologies required(e.g. supervised vs. unsupervised learning).
- Ability to perform data exploration exercises and develop data-driven story dashboards on modern BI platforms (e.g. Power BI, Tableau) nice to have, not required.
- No direct management of colleagues, but will work with a multidisciplinary team virtually across geographies.
- Must work with, motivate and help cultivate a high-performance teaming environment.