Short DescriptionUBER is looking for a Software Engineer II who can build elegant backend platform components for high throughput and low latency distributed systems.
- Work with Rider product engineering teams to identify, design and build solutions that help scale Rider services and platforms.
- Drive adoption of best practices in code health, testing, and maintainability
- Analyze and decompose complex software systems and collaborate with cross-functional teams to influence design for scalability and testability
- Work with smart and motivated teammates in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Build elegant backend platform components for high throughput and low latency distributed systems.
- Solve challenging problems with cutting edge design and algorithms.
- 4+ years Strong meaningful Individual contributor experience as a software engineer
- Design: Knowledge of data structures and an eye for design. You can discuss the tradeoff between design choices, both on a theoretical level and on an applied level.
- Strong coding/debugging abilities: You have advanced knowledge of at least one programming language and are happy to learn more. Our core languages are Go and Java.
- Fast learner: We're looking for software engineers who thrive on learning new technologies and don't believe in one-size-fits-all solutions. You should be able to adapt easily to meet the needs of our massive growth and rapidly evolving business environment.
- A team player: You believe that you can achieve more on a team -- that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You rely on others' candid feedback for continuous improvement.
- Business acumen: You understand requirements beyond the written word. Whether you're working on an API used by other developers, an internal tool consumed by our operation teams, or a feature used by millions of customers, your attention to detail leads to delightful user experience.
Software Engineer II