Short DescriptionAmerican Express is hiring a Business Analyst who has the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, flexibility and adaptability to work within tight deadlines and changing priorities.
- Providing Analytical & Decision Support across GSN through advanced analytics (from sourcing to staging data, generating insights to exposing them for consumption via reporting platforms/strategy implementation)
- Enabling business user self-service through the creation of MIS capabilities
- Systematically identify out of pattern activities in a timely manner and address information gaps by providing insightful analytics
- Working independently assuming responsibility for the development, validation, and implementation of projects
- Participate in global teams evaluating processes and making suggestions for process and system improvements
- Interacting with all levels of the organization across multiple time zones
- This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.â??â??â??â??â??
- Minimum 4 years' experience with at least 2 years in Quantitative Business Analysis/Data Science with experience in handling large data sets
- Must possess strong quantitative and analytical skills and be a conceptual and innovative thinker
- Excellent programming skills on Hive/SAS/SQL/Teradata is essential with a good understanding of Big Data ecosystems
- Exposure to Python/R/Statistical packages, familiarity with NLP, Neural Networks, AI will be an added advantage
- Project management skills and ability to identify and translate business information needs into insights and information cubes for ease of consumption in reporting and analytics
- Proven thought leadership, strong communication, relationship management skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, flexibility and adaptability to work within tight deadlines and changing priorities
- Post-graduate degree in a quantitative field will be an added advantage.