Short DescriptionDropbox is looking for a Data Engineer who can design and develop a new framework and automation tools to enable teams to consume and understand data faster.
- Understand business processes, applications and how data is gathered; and tie application telemetry to the transactional data model.
- Design, build and manage data marts to satisfy our growing data needs.
- Develop and manage data pipelines at enterprise scale
- Build data expertise and own data quality for various data flows
- Launch and support new data models that provide intuitive analytics to internal customers
- Design and develop a new framework and automation tools to enable teams to consume and understand data faster
- Use your expert coding skills across a number of languages like SQL, Python, and Java to support analysts and data scientists
- Interface with internal data consumers to understand data needs
- Collaborate with multiple teams in high visibility roles and own the solution end-to-end
- 5+ years of SQL (Oracle, AWS Redshift, Hive, etc) experience required, No-SQL experience is a plus.
- 5+ years of Python or Java development experience.
- 5+ years of experience with schema design and dimensional data modeling.
- Hands-on experience working in data warehousing, data architecture and/or data engineering environments at an enterprise scale.
- Ability to analyze data to identify deliverables, gaps, and inconsistencies.
- Experience designing, building and maintaining data processing systems
- Experience working with visualization tools like Tableau or MicroStrategy
- Communication skills including the ability to identify and communicate data-driven insights
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company-sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)