Short DescriptionEdGE Networks is hiring a Software Development Engineer who should have experience working in data-intensive, distributed environments.
- A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design.
- Have a penchant for solving complex and interesting problems
- Worked in a start-up-like environment with high levels of ownership and commitment
- B.Tech, MTech, or Ph.D. in Computer Science or related technical discipline (or equivalent).
- Excellent coding skills - should be able to convert the design into code fluently Good skills to write unit & integration tests with reasonable coverage of code & interfaces - TDD is a plus
- Very strong in Python, Java or Scala programming
- Should have experience working in data-intensive, distributed environments
- Expert in Spark (or Hadoop, MapReduce, Pig, Hive, Kafka, Storm, etc.) with good knowledge of performance tuning
- Implemented complex projects dealing with considerable data size
- Good understanding of algorithms and data structures
- Excellent problem solver, analytical thinker, and a quick learner
- We should have knowledge of NoSQL DBs like MongoDB and Lucene based search-engines like ElasticSearch, Solr, etc.
- Fluent with version control systems like Git
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER BIG DATA