Short DescriptionGartner is hiring a Software Engineer who has knowledge of algorithms and statistics, data mining, machine learning, and natural language processing.
- Designing, implementing, unit, integration testing and supporting Python-based applications and services
- Contribute to the review and analysis of business requirements
- Collaborate on architecture and technical design discussions
- Perform and participate in code reviews, peer inspections, and technical design/specifications
- Documenting and review detailed design
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Applied Statistics, or a related field
- 2 - 4 years of data engineering or other data-intensive development experience
- Python programming language experience is required
- Experience relational databases using SQL (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL), etc.
- Knowledge of algorithms and statistics, data mining, machine learning, and natural language processing
- Knowledge of Python ORMs like SQL Alchemy and Python libraries like Pandas, Scikit-Learn, Numpy, NLTK, Spacy, and Scipy is plus
- Familiarity with web analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics, etc.) and Big Data tools like Spark, Hadoop, EMR, Kafka is plus
- Knowledge Cloud platforms like AWS is plus
- Scrum software development methodology experience is a plus
- Good problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Effective time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent communications skills interacting with technical and business audience's
- Excellent organization, multitasking, and prioritization skills
- Must possess a willingness and aptitude to embrace new technologies/ideas and master concepts rapidly.
- Intellectual curiosity, passion for technology and keeping up with new trends
- Delivering project work on-time within budget with high quality