Short DescriptionSiemens Healthineers is looking for a Data Scientist who can collaborate with engineering teams to transfer the business understanding, productize the model and validate output with business users.
- Build an in-depth understanding of the business domain and available data assets and perform exploratory analysis on diverse datasets.
- Formulate approaches for data analysis and model creation that will facilitate decision making.
- Frame meaningful business scenarios and translate business requirements into a set of analytical models.
- Perform data analysis and build / prototype / validate the model(s), ensuring results meet business goals.
- Support to ensure a high performing infrastructure setup with the necessary technology solutions that enable intended technical results.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to transfer the business understanding, productize the model and validate output with business users.
- Communicate findings and report progress to stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Use data visualization and summarization techniques for conveying key findings.
- Mentor data analysts and data engineers, and provide guidance for building models for various use-cases.
- Stay up to date with technologies, techniques, tools, and methods in Data Science and AI.
- Advance the state-of-the-art in the field, including generating patents and publications in top journals and conferences.
- Qualification: PhD / MS / MTech or equivalent in Mathematics / Statistics / Artificial Intelligence / Computer Science.
- 4-6 years experience in Data Science and Artificial Intelligence.
- Experience in Healthcare/MedTech, and in R&D organizations or startups is preferred.
- Deep expertise in building models via supervised and unsupervised machine learning, statistical methods and analysis, and predictive modeling techniques.
- Proficiency in R, Python or Matlab.
- Experience with NLP and Log Analytics is preferred.
- Good understanding of Deep Learning and experience with Artificial Intelligence tools such as Tensorflow and Caffe.
- Experience with Big Data technologies (Hadoop, Spark, Hive, etc.) is beneficial.
- Knowhow of a programming language such as C, C++, and Java is beneficial.
- Strong analytical and quantitative problem-solving ability.
- Good interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- We should be able to present business use-cases and communicate a clear actionable story with data, to stakeholders at various levels.
- Passion for leveraging data to understand and solve business problems, and self-starter attitude.