Short DescriptionHike Messenger is looking for a Data Analyst who can provide reporting and performance monitoring to product teams using data drawn from diverse sources.
- Perform quantitative analyses that translate data into actionable insights and provide analytical, data-driven decision-making support for key projects.
- Provide reporting and performance monitoring to product teams using data drawn from diverse sources.
- Own and evangelize data-driven experimentation in the team to improve the product offerings, and document it.
- Enable product reviews, deep dives, and analyses through the effective use of data and communicate and report insights and recommendations to shape product strategy.
- Ensure that any data required for carrying out the other responsibilities for the product/features youâ??re working on is properly instrumented and logged.
- You have a Bachelorâ??s degree in Math, Statistics, Comp Science, Engineering, or other technical fields required; advanced degrees strongly preferred.
- You are hands-on with Python/ Java Programming language.
- You have a very good understanding of mobile and Internet products, growth strategies and business dynamics.
- You are comfortable manipulating, transforming, and analyzing complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources.
- You have 3+ years of experience performing quantitative analysis, preferably for an Internet or technology company.
- You have hands-on working experience on SQL queries.
- You have experience in reporting and dashboards involving very large datasets and multiple data sources, with the ability to interpret data and produce meaningful insights.
- You have a good understanding of statistical analysis, data warehousing, data modeling.
- You have experience with statistical packages such as SPSS, SAS, etc. and BI/visualization tools such as Tableau, Google Analytics, etc.
- You have the ability to execute research projects and craft actionable recommendations.
- You have proven an ability to work in a fast-paced environment, meet changing deadlines and priorities on multiple simultaneous projects.
- You have excellent organizational, communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- You enjoy working in both individual and team settings.
- A flat and transparent culture
- Flexible working hours - No fixed Checkin/Checkout
- Unlimited Snacks, food, and drinks on the house
- Tools of the trade - MacBook, Latest Softwares
- Monthly Communication Reimbursement
- Best learning and development opportunities
- A chance to have a big impact early in your career
Hike Messenger (stylized as hike M E S S E N G E R) is a cross-platform instant messaging service for smartphones that use the internet for communication. In addition to text messaging, users can send each other graphical stickers, emoticons, images, videos, audios, files, voice messages, contacts and user location.
Hike was launched on 12 December 2012  and raised its first round of funding of $7 million from Bharti SoftBank in April 2013. Hike is a joint venture between Bharti Enterprises and SoftBank. On 16 August 2016 Hike raised $175 million in a new round of funding led by Tencent & Foxconn. After raising this round Hike Messenger reached the valuation of $1.4 Billion. Hike's founder is Kavin Bharti Mittal.