We are looking for Engineers to help build out the Spectra of platform services based on our next generation Cloud architecture, Project Helidon, a new open-source framework to support customers developing Java-based microservices applications. Implement Helidon MicroProfile, optimizes Java EE for the microservices architecture and delivers application portability across multiple runtimes. Responsibilities include Maven based on POM for project build, dependency, OCI, and documentation.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 2 years of software engineering or related experience preferred.
1. Build and Release Management of Spectra using microservices with Helidon, Maven, Kubernetes.
2. Setup, maintain and support environments for development, QA, PaaS-SaaS,
3. Development and Operations support.
4. Install, upgrade tests of various deliverables across releases.
5. Create, test and debug product updates/patches for critical customer issues.
6. Develop automated tools to build, test and deliver on CI/CD.
1. 1-year experience on Microservices with Helidon, Maven, Kubernetes.
2. 2 years of Release management experience preferred.
3. 1 year of Release tools, continuous integration, Jenkins builds preferred.
4. Experience in automating product builds, Jira, Scrum desirable.
5. Experience using source control systems, ADE, GIT.
6. Working knowledge of scripting language like Perl, Python, Borne/C/Korn Shell Programming
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks, etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.