Short DescriptionOracle is seeking a Senior Software Engineer who has the ability to define, build, and ship products in a timely manner.
- File-based mirroring capabilities This allows the user to use the same storage pool and have different mirroring on a file by file basis. This maximizes storage utilization while providing high availability for data that require extra protection.
- Dynamic online load re-distribution when storage pool changes. ASM allocates files in a balanced fashion. Thus, no data movement is required to maintain a balanced I/O load in a static storage configuration. If the storage configuration changes, data re-distribution involves minimal data movement, unlike other prevailing solutions. ASM rebalance occurs in the background while databases and dependent applications remain online.
- Consolidated storage pools Allow users to consolidate their storage into a single clustered pool of up to 10,000 disks and consisting of up to 1 million files.
- Improved data availability ASM takes proactive actions where applicable.
- BS/MS CS
- Excellent C programming skills
- Good debugging and troubleshooting skills
- We should be familiar and conversant with the classes of storage architectures that are currently available.
- Should have demonstrated experience in the area of storage systems programming for example file systems or volume managers.
- Oracle Database experience preferred
- Understanding of UNIX and/or Windows system programming
- Ability to define, build, and ship products in a timely manner
- Good communication and teamwork skills
Senior Software Engineer