Short DescriptionNovartis is seeking a Data Architect who has deep knowledge in data modeling for EDW and Data lake projects Experienced with managing the data lifecycle in a highly regulated industry.
- Ensure that system designs adhere to solution architecture design (i.e. high-level conceptual design) and are traceable to functional as well as nonfunctional requirements in projects/enhancements
- Develop and maintain conceptual, logical and physical data models for MDM solutions
- Ensure governance and oversight of data integration architecture
- Drive metadata management for all data platforms; Work closely with platform owners/data architects in capturing and governing business/data glossary, data dictionary in a central repository
- Support the solution design/roadmap for metadata management
- Ensure designs produced adhere to the architectural roadmap and support the development, execution, and operations of solutions
- Support design and delivery of data quality KPIs
- Ensure system design standards are defined to improve and sustain standardization of solutions
- Ensure that solutions meet requirements outlined in the architecture handbook
- Support scoping, fit-gap workshops for projects/enhancements, propose solutions for key gaps, provide effort estimations and alignment with business teams
- Ensure that project/enhancements work is delivered to agreed time, cost and quality constraints following the release calendars
- Ensure that developed solutions are peer-reviewed, formally documented and signed off by a business
- Ensure that solution testing is performed to meet quality standards
- Establish standardized design and development processes to enable cost-effective delivery Ensure the overall user experience is taken into account when designing new solutions and services
- Perform scoping, fit-gap workshops for projects/enhancements proposes solutions for key gaps, provide effort estimations and align with business teams
- Follow standardized design and development processes to enable cost-effective delivery
- Take accountability to ensure adherence with Security and Compliance policies and procedures within Solution Design scope
- Bachelor degree in computer science or related technical discipline; MBA or advanced degree preferred English
- 10+ years of relevant IT experience in large, multinational business environments
- Hands-on experience with MDM & Data Modelling technologies.
- Data architecture experience in the Lifesciences or pharmaceutical industry
- Experience supporting data and analytics solutions across multiple business domains
- Deep knowledge in data modeling for EDW and Data lake projects Experienced with managing the data lifecycle in a highly regulated industry
- Experience with API and integration technologies.
- Preferably knowledge of programming languages, SQL, PL/SQL.
- Hands-on experience in any of the MDM tool and Java Mandatory & a Must.