Short DescriptionAmerican Express is seeking a Financial Analyst who has knowledge of principals of cash management, FX exposures, Banking operations.
- Manage Cash and funding requirements & FX exposures of JAPA markets. The objective of minimizing cost of funds and timely funding of critical payments.
- The work timing for this role would be 7.00 am to 3.30 pm. This role would require flexibility to work on certain India Holidays as JAPA markets are open on these days, opted leaves can be aligned with JAPA market holidays.
- The purpose of this role is to manage the daily cash flows and funding requirements of JAPA markets while balancing the need to protect against interest and liquidity risks.
- The role would also manage identification and clearing FX exposures for the enterprise across specific geographics.
- Daily Cash and FX management-Monitoring bank accounts of JAPA Markets and moving cash in the various accounts to ensure sufficient liquidity to settle day to day obligations.
- Analyzing, calculating, recommending and executing daily FX Hedge action.
- Providing coverage for other analysts in their absence and acting as back up for manager for treasury related activities.
- Deliver key treasury operations goals such as optimizing the overall cost of funds for the markets, minimizing idle cash needs for operating businesses, keeping FX exposures hedged at all points of time.
- Demonstrate operation excellence, streamline daily cash and drive efficiencies in processes.
- Understand and leverage intelligent automation technologies to generate use cases within the team and create opportunities to support the automation team to get it implemented.
- Leadership Outcomes
- Put enterprise think first, connect the role's agenda to enterprise priorities and balance the needs of customers, partners, colleagues and shareholders.
- Challenge the status quo and bring continuous innovation.
- Lead with the digital mindset. Demonstrate learning agility, make decisions quickly and with highest levels of integrity.
- At least 2-6 years of past experience in a treasury across banks desirable, corporates or similar financial operations.
- Preferred: Exposure to Banking Operations, FX, Money markets, and derivative instruments. Knowledge of card business model and economics.
- MBA (Finance) CA/CPA/MBA with 1-3 years of experience.
- Graduate/Post Graduate in Finance/Economics with 4-5 years of experience.
- Functional Skills/Capabilities:
- Knowledge of cash management and FX exposure management. Experience in accounting preferred.
- Technical Skills/Capabilities:
- Knowledge of principals of cash management, FX exposures, Banking operations.
- Analytical skills with the ability to undertake the cause-effect analysis.
- Knowledge of financial systems.
- Effective team player
- Do It The Right Way: Communicate Frequently, Candidly & Clearly, Make Decisions Quickly & Effectively.â??