Data as a Service (DaaS) is a revolutionary new service that gives marketers unprecedented levels of connection to customers. DaaS is a response to the growing volume and variety of data generated in today's digital world. Users consume data across a variety of systems and processes-data that can be used to make customer engagements more relevant and impactful. This data-driven insight helps you connect with customers across marketing and sales to virtually all areas of your business.
Oracle Data Cloud division aggregates, analyzes and activates consumer data into one unified solution. Powered by Oracle ID Graph, this DaaS offering creates cross-channel consumer understanding, so that you can know more about who your customers are, what they do, where they go, and what they buy.
Our team is focused on building a highly flexible and configurable Financial Calculations Service so that new revenue recognition and contribution-based payment models can be created as the business evolves. The project is an ambitious undertaking and requires that an analyst that has a combination of technical skills and an ability to understand complex business and financial processes quickly.
As a team member, you will be performing operations and participating in the design and development of key data capture portions of this service. If you are excited by ideas like large-scale data-processing pipelines, data manipulation, and business process automation - then reach out to our team. You will be working with a fast-paced agile team, learning from finance and engineering, owning and creating processes, and finding solutions that last a long time. Oracle Data Cloud is one of the fastest-growing divisions at Oracle and thus provides great opportunity to learn and grow professionally.
Day-to-day you will:
- Use, upgrade and maintain data ingest tools that maximize sales and operational effectiveness
- Formalize and operationalize data ingest processes
- Own revenue recognition for a multi-million dollars per month product
- Work with the Finance and Product teams to improve, support, and automate manual month-end processes to help scale finance and business intelligence functions
- Contribute to product requirements documentation for enhancements and new processes
- Design and maintain datasets vital to the growth of the Oracle Data Cloud
We are looking for self-motivated individuals who have most or many of the following experiences:
- Big data ingestion, cleansing, and processing pipeline development
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with people outside your group such as Sales
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills including VBA
- Ability to maintain accuracy in large complex data migration
- Familiarity with Financial Datasets
- Familiarity with ETL frameworks and automation
- SQL coding experience is nice to have
- Implementing Business Process Automation frameworks
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Provides programs to improve operational efficiency, consistency, and compliance in support of the organization's financial and tactical business objectives. Provides business practices and processes. Develops, communicates, and trains the organization on business practices and processes.
Serve as a liaison with other divisions such as Finance, Contracts, HR, Legal, Shared Services, Accounts Receivable, Purchasing, and Risk Management in an effort to ensure accurate and timely transaction processing. Collect, input, verify, correct, and analyze data to measure key performance indicator actual versus business objectives. Provide updates to management regarding budget to actual, informing them of deviations and opportunities. Provide management with economic impact and compliance issues surrounding key business decisions and/or deals. Communicate Oracle Business Practices to the organization and monitor process and approvals for full compliance. Drive implementation of new processes and procedures.
Duties and tasks are standard with some variation. Completes own role largely independently within defined policies and procedures. Attention to detail is critical. Ability to collect, organize, and display data in spreadsheet format. Follow-through skills are necessary to get information from internal and third parties and have data errors/omissions corrected. Relationship management skills strongly desired. Strong written and verbal communication skills to interact with management and possible clients desired. 2 plus years of relevant work experience.