Short DescriptionGartner is hiring a Sr Software Engineer who has the ability to work and collaborate with a team.
- Establish methodologies for quickly rolling out new data analysis capabilities for standalone data-driven products and service to support our associates.
- Have end-to-end responsibility for leading projects focused on extracting, merging, analyzing and managing large sets of data across multiple, disparate databases
- Be able to transform unstructured raw data into formats suitable for statistical modeling
- Demonstrate a deep knowledge of and ability to operationalize, leading data technologies and best practices
- Be responsible for maintaining project plans, clean code, and well-written documentation
- Be able to work in teams and collaborate with stakeholders to define requirements
- Make decisions independently on analytical problems and methods
- Be able to identify and suggest novel areas of future work for themselves or the team
- Be able to work in a globally distributed team in an Agile/Scrum approach
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Applied Statistics, or a related field
- 5+ years of data engineering or other data-intensive development experience
- Experience processing large amounts of structured and unstructured data
- Advanced knowledge of programming languages such as Python or Java
- Experience building scalable data models and performing complex relational databases queries using SQL (Oracle, MySQL), etc.
- Experience with Python ORMs like SQLAlchemy and Python libraries like Pandas, Scikit-Learn, Numpy and Scipy
- Experience with Big Data tools like Spark, Hadoop, Amazon EMR.
- Experience working on Cloud platforms like AWS including â?? EMR, RDS, EC2, Vault, ECS, S3, EFS, etc.
- Knowledge of algorithms and statistics and at least some experience in data mining, machine learning, and/or natural language processing
- Attention to detail and demonstrated ability to detect and resolve data/analytics quality issues
- Ability to work and collaborate with a team.
- Ability to learn and apply new technologies
- Project work delivered on-time within budget
- All work products are delivered with high quality
Sr Software Engineer