Short DescriptionGartner is hiring a Sr Database Administrator who has exposure to ITIL Practices & Agile methodologies.
- Provision and maintain a stable environment for the operation of the company's business applications using Oracle, Microsoft, and Open Source/other database technology
- Assist with capacity planning and load testing of our applications and meet SLAs for Database Systems Uptime & Database Systems Performance
- Facilitate development, implementation, maintenance, tuning and continuance of databases within the current infrastructure.
- Establish and implement database policies, procedures, and standards, and ensures their conformance
- Work with various Engineering teams to outline the DevOps execution strategy for different projects.
- Assist with organization-wide security considerations. Find the best ways to identify security risks and incidents and suggest improvements and create process/automation as needed to detect and mitigate those risks.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems.
- 5 years' experience as an operational DBA using PostgreSQL/MySQL database work and 2 years of which needs to AWS RDS related.
- Expert skills in database administration, SQL, Performance tuning and PL/SQL is required.
- Working knowledge of infrastructure as code using Terraform.
- Experience creating shell scripts is needed
- Any experience with Oracle, No-SQL databases (DynamoDB), graph databases and columnar databases is a plus.
- Prior exposure to continuous integration/delivery tools like Jenkins.
- Working knowledge of Active Directory, DNS and other Networking technologies.
- Exposure to ITIL Practices & Agile methodologies.
- Good combination of technical and interpersonal skills with strong written and verbal communication; detail-oriented with the ability to work independently.
Sr Database Administrator