Short DescriptionAirbnb is seeking a Software Engineer who has experience with designing and building large scale production applications or features.
- Backend: Building high-scale Java APIs into a Service Oriented Architecture to support the new tools we are building, integrating with other Airbnb APIs
- Frontend: Building Progressive Web Apps from scratch in order to bring these tools to entrepreneurs all around the world and exploring new front-end technologies
- Refine features with our Product Team, finding the best tech and product trade-offs
- Iterative development using the agile sprint process
- Maintaining a high-quality bar through best practices (A/B testing, feature toggling, review workflow, CI, pen-testing‚?¶)
- Demonstrating design and UX sensibilities to meet Airbnb standards
- Collaborating within a team of 10-15 engineers in Paris, and 60 engineers in San Francisco
- Bachelor's and/or Master's degree in engineering, preferably in CS or equivalent experience.
- Backend: Proficiency in one or more backend server language (Ruby/Python/Java/Go/C++/etc.), and expertise in popular storage systems such as relational databases, NoSQL and caching.
- Frontend: Proficiency using HTML/CSS/JS and modern web frameworks, and awareness of cross-browser compatibility issues and client-side performance considerations
- Experience with designing and building large scale production applications or features.
- Experience or desire to work collaboratively in cross-functional teams with design, product, tech
- Independent, dedicated, and able to deliver ‚??production-ready' code with minimal guidance
- Passion for delivering products end-to-end: from ideation through planning and scoping to implementation and experimental A/B testing
- Competitive salary
- Free travel credit for Airbnb
- Lunch meal card
- Commuter Subsidies
- MacBook Pro
- Frequent team Lunch
- Tech meetups
- Trips to San Francisco and much more!