Short DescriptionOneDirect is hiring a Database Engineer who can perform database administration tasks, including automation, performance monitoring and tuning, and query optimization.
- Provision MySQL instances, both in clustered and nonclustered configurations
- Ensure performance, security, and availability of databases
- Perform database administration tasks, including automation, performance monitoring and tuning, and query optimization.
- Prepare documentations and specifications
- Handle common database procedures, such as upgrade, backup, recovery, migration, etc.
- Profile server resource usage, optimize and tweak as necessary
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Strong proficiency in MySQL database management
- Decent experience with recent versions of MySQL
- Understanding of MySQL's underlying storage engines, such as InnoDB and MyISAM
- Experience with replication configuration in MySQL(Master-slave, MasterMaster)
- Create and Manage MySQL users with proper permissions.
- Proficient in writing and optimizing SQL statements.
- Automate day to day regular tasks.
- Strong knowledge in MySQL Binlog and point in time recovery.
- Decent experience in Linux Administration.
- Knowledge of limitations in MySQL and their workarounds in contrast to other popular relational databases
- Knowledge on a public cloud platform like AWS/Azure/GCP).
- Python/Shell scripting.
- Familiarity with other SQL/NoSQL databases such as PostgreSQL, MongoDB, etc.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git / Mercurial / SVN.