Short DescriptionAmerican Express is looking for a Data Engineer who has the ability to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities and teams.
- Install, configure and maintain SQL Server 2016, 2014 and 2012 versions.
- Knowledge on configuring different high available solutions like mirroring, Clustering, Always On Availability groups, Replication, and Log shipping.
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes.
- Knowledge on Postgres databases.
- Monitor SQL Servers and databases health and performance
- Ensure high levels of performance, availability, sustainability and security
- Analyze, solve, and correct issues in real-time
- Provide suggestions for solutions
- Troubleshoot day to day DBA activities.
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes
- Assist developers with query tuning and schema refinement
- Provide 24x7 support for a critical production system
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
- Finding DMV queries to answer questions about server-level performance.
- 2-3 years of IT working experience in the area of SQL Database Administration)
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, computer engineering or related field or equivalent associate degree.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Able to understand Agile practices.
- On-call troubleshooting experience with at least one production SQL Server for a year. You don't have to be the only DBA or have DBA in your job description, but you should have been the one person that the company would call if the SQL Server service stopped working.
- On-call troubleshooting for SQL Server service outage.
- Ability to organize and plan work independently
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities and teams.