Short DescriptionOYO is hiring a Software Development Engineer who has experience with SCRUM methodology or extreme programming is a great plus.
- Experienced backend developer with extensive work on Python, NodeJS and backbone js/Ruby/Java/C++
- Develop new user-facing features
- Build structure, reusable code, and libraries for future use
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Maintain, contribute and adhere to our programming best practices and guidelines
- Advanced understanding of emerging web technologies
- Iterate, test new ideas and shape the future vision for developer tools that operate in the cloud.
- Learn and use core AWS technologies to design and then build available and scalable backend web services and customer-facing APIs.
- Create from the ground up a new, world-class user experience using the latest in front-end UX platforms and technologies.
- Deeply understand and work with with a variety of developer tools across the spectrum of the software development lifecycle.
- Clear, professional communication skills able to contribute to team discussions, knowing when to contribute, when to listen, and when to ask questions.
- Strong problem-solving skills, algorithmic skills, and data structures Experience in agile methodologies like Scrum Good understanding of branching, build, deployment, continuous integration methodologies
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or related technical discipline from a premier institute
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem-solving, and complexity analysis
- Knowledge of the latest developer tools across the software development workflow (coding, building, deployment, operations, task tracking, real-time communication)
- 3+ years of strong hands-on development experience including at least 1.5 years of real-world web development experience using JSP, Java Servlets, Java Struts, Spring, & Hibernate
- Good understanding of design patterns, object-oriented design, and frameworks
- Good RDBMS skills and experience in DB/SQL
- Experience with multiple technologies - LAMP, Python, Perl, Java, PHP
- Exposure to MVC frameworks such as Spring, Django, CodeIgniter.
- Experience working with a scripting language such as Pearl - to quickly roll our parsers for analysis and write small modules - is preferred
- Exposure to Postgres, Mysql (exposure to NoSQL database-related technologies like MongoDB, Redis, Aerospike, Cassandra, etc. is a plus)
- Experience with SCRUM methodology or extreme programming is a great plus
- Exposure to app servers like JBoss, WebLogic, WebSphere
- Previous start-up experience or contribution to any open source project
- Experience working on DROOLS or any other rule engine and SOAP/string-based API integrations
Software Development Engineer