Short DescriptionExpedia is seeking a Software Development Engineer - Data Engineer who is proficient in using Database procedural languages (SQL or any other RDBMS language).
- Design and implement powerful, highly scalable, and reliable applications.
- Translate functional specifications into logical, component-based technical designs.
- Interact with Program Managers and Test Engineers to contribute to and review functional specifications and test cases.
- Innovate and implement new ideas to solve complex software problems.
- Contribute to advancing the team's design methodology and quality programming practices.
- Well versed with DWH concepts, with experience in dimensional modeling.
- Proficient in at least one ETL tool (Informatica, SSIS, ab-initio, Oracle Integration, etc)
- Proficient in using Database procedural languages (SQL or any other RDBMS language)
- Experience in handling transactional data systems will be a big plus
- Experience using Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, Redshift, etc.)
- Experience in Big Data platforms including Hadoop, Spark, hive or MapReduce paradigms.
- Exposure in one or more of the following scripting language - shell, python, Perl
Software Development Engineer - Data Engineer
Hotels.com, a leading global lodging expert operating 89 localized websites in 39 languages with its award winning Hotels.com Rewards loyalty program
Orbitz Worldwide, including leading U.S. travel websites Orbitz.com and CheapTickets.com, as well as ebookers, a full service travel brand with websites in seven European countries. Expedia Affiliate Network (EAN), a global B2B brand that powers the hotel business of leading airlines, top consumer brands, online travel agencies and thousands of other partners through its API and template solutions ,trivago, a leading online hotel search platform with sites in 55 countries worldwide , Egencia, a leading corporate travel management company
For corporate and industry news and views, visit us at www.expediainc.com or follow us on Twitter @expediainc.