Short DescriptionOracle is hiring a Data Science Engineer who has experience with horizontally scalable data stores such as Hadoop and other NoSQL technologies such as Map Reduce, Spark, HBase, etc., and associated schemas.
- An advanced degree in Computer Science, Physics, Engineering, Mathematics or similar, and experience in AI, machine learning, analytics and/or predictive modeling.
- Excellent understanding of the mathematical theory behind common machine learning algorithms for solving classification and regression problems in supervised and unsupervised learning, together with practical experience with the relevant open source libraries.
- Consistency in developing, innovating, and applying advanced algorithms to address practical problems and in building new analytical products of commercial value.
- Practical experience in feature engineering, evaluation, selection and automation of such tasks, model interpretation and visualization.
- Robust knowledge and experience with statistical methods, in particular with the estimation of confidence intervals around parameter values and predicted quantities.
- Proficiency with several yearsâ?? experience (minimum 4-5 years) in more than one of Python, R, Java, C, C++, Scala, and robust Linux shell scripting, as well as in using query languages such as SQL and its adaptations.
- Experience with horizontally scalable data stores such as Hadoop and other NoSQL technologies such as Map Reduce, Spark, HBase, etc., and associated schemas.
- Preferable to have domain expertise in industries such as online retail, digital marketing, financial services, insurance, health care, manufacturing, consumer goods, telecommunications.
- Excellent team player (essential)
- Good communication skills to interact with the extended team in HQ
Data Science Engineer