Short DescriptionAmerican Express is seeking a Software Engineer who has the ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to various stakeholders.
- Collaborate with product management and engineering to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals, and experience.
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering.
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user-friendliness to complex design roadblocks.
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Present and defend designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders.
- Conduct user research and evaluate user feedback.
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices, and standards.
- 4+ years of experience with systems analysis/programming, incorporating: design methodology, Infrastructure operations support or engineering.
- 3+ years of development experience in Java, along with Hadoop or Microservices.
- Experience of end to end User Experience, Lean UX processes a significant advantage.
- Proven UI experience. Demonstrable UI design skills with a strong portfolio.
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps.
- Proficiency in wire-framing tools.
- Proficiency in Angular and React for rapid prototyping.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with day to day management of content management systems, and/or other similar. large scale web-based online systems.
- Experience and practical application of using Agile or other rapid application development methods.
- Experience of user management, permissions management, troubleshooting, and similar activities on a large distributed web-based system required.
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction.
- Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to various stakeholders.
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively.
- Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies.
- 3 ‚?? 7 years of experience across back-end programming languages using Java.
- Experience in Spring, Microservices, Hadoop, NoSQL, Hbase, Hive.
- Preference - Spark (core), Kafka, Python.