Short DescriptionDell is looking for an IT Architect who can evaluate programs and projects for their technical & business scope and complexity and develops or reviews sizing estimates, including platform selection and capacity requirements.
- Implements technical solutions and management processes to achieve overall objectives by means of implementing systems or enterprise-wide solutions, using the company's or a third-party's hardware/software products and/or processes and methodologies
- Integrates solutions and strategies within the customer environment, based on the analysis of customer business goals, objectives, needs, and existing systems infrastructure Identifies additional product/services sales opportunities in a customer organization
- Uses expertise to construct specific and detailed solutions that encompass process, technology, project and input to staffing plans
- Constructs risk assessments and corresponding remediation plans relative to custom solution proposals
- Participates in the construction of financial models that align with custom solution proposals
- Serves as a subject matter expert to both internal and external customers
- Follows all organizational standard operating procedures relative to technical standards, policies & procedures and all other associated workflows, documentation, and deliverables
- Leads the design of a specific service area or technology within a broader EBIA solution
- Facilitates customer presentations at the leadership level Recognized as a strong technical and financial modeling architect within the organization Leads the overall design of large and complex EBIA solutions
- Provides thought leadership & design input & decision making as the Lead Solution Architect.
- Evaluates programs and projects for their technical & business scope and complexity and develops or reviews sizing estimates, including platform selection and capacity requirements
- Identifies, analyzes and evaluates alternative technology design solutions
- Keeps up to date with current and future technology and technology/business process trends; evaluates and applies mature technologies to meet current or emerging business needs
- Documents standards, solutions, data flows, procedures, and other technical information as directed
- Provides expert technical support to technical staff within the appropriate technical discipline
- Mentors members of the technical staff
- Primary expert to construct the specific solution, solution architecture documentation, risk profile, and corresponding financials
- Assists the IT Delivery and Business teams as technical/industry subject matter experts
- 8-12 years experience in a senior analyst or architect role, supporting leading analytics & data technologies such as Teradata, Greenplum, Hadoop, SQL Server, HANA, MemSQL, Tableau, etc..
- Certification/qualification in key enterprise transactional technologies such as Hana, SFDC or other transactional platforms and where applicable Dell specific platforms such as OMEGA, SDR, etc...
- Knowledge and understanding of database design principles
- Knowledge & experience in leading data movement technologies such as Kafka, Spark, StreamSets, as well as standard capabilities provided by leading platforms
- Understanding of one or more of business functions such as Sales, Finance, Supply Chain sufficient to understand a business problem and create innovative technical solutions.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge of BI and data science platforms, techniques and applications
- Experience using on and off-premise cloud technologies
- Experience of working with remote business partners