Short DescriptionUber is hiring a Sr. Data Engineer who has proficiency in Spark/MapReduce development and expertise with data processing (ETL) technologies is required.
- Expand on a solid infrastructure, that collects, stores and serves petabytes of information, services & frameworks that makes data more accessible to Uber's developers, services & teams.
- Collaborating closely with Kafka open-source community and contributing to its open-source codebase.
- Build multi-region architecture on both on-premise and in the cloud to provide high availability and strong consistency.
- Build tiered storage solutions on top of Kafka.
- Utilize the latest breakthroughs in-stream transportation technologies, to extract enormous value out of User's data.
- Translate functional and technical requirements into details architecture and design.
- Participate in code and design reviews to maintain our high development standards.
- Mentor other engineers, foster our speed-oriented culture in them and help to cultivate a fast-growing team.
- An innate desire to deliver and a strong sense of accountability for your work.
- Experience with large-scale data warehousing architecture and data modeling
- Experience building high-quality end-to-end data solutions in an agile environment from requirements to production.
- Proficiency with databases and SQL expertise is required
- Proficiency in Spark/MapReduce development and expertise with data processing (ETL) technologies is required
- Experience in developing large scale data warehousing and data modeling, mining or analytic systems
- Experience in high levels programming languages such as Java, Scala, or Python
- Knowledge of Hadoop related technologies such as HDFS, Azkaban, Oozie, Impala, Hive, and Pig
- Aptitude to independently learn new technologies
- Should be self-motivated and passionate about bringing efficiency into the system through optimizations.
- Should be able to raise the bar for other engineers by proposing and driving innovative ideas.
- Experience in mentoring junior team members technically.
- If need be, Act as a Leader to drive big efforts with other engineers.
Sr. Data Engineer