Short DescriptionGartner is seeking a Lead Software Engineering- Machine Learning who has the Ability to write production-quality object-oriented code in at least one of the following programming languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala or C#.
- Apply knowledge of statistics, machine learning, programming, and data modeling to build solutions for recognizing patterns in the real-world data, organizing information, extracting entities and discovering relations between them, leading to prototype development and product improvement.
- Use an analytical approach to design, develop, and evaluate predictive models and advanced algorithms that lead to optimal value extraction from the data.
- Work with engineers to translate prototypes into new products, services, and features and provide guidelines for large-scale implementation.
- Extend, develop, program and implement new algorithms.
- Assume the team leadership duties: monitor the progress of work items, ensure that deadlines are met, distribute tasks among team members by keeping the right balance between general exploration and active project work, proactively report to the higher manager any blockers.
- Ability to write production-quality object-oriented code in at least one of the following programming languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala or C#.
- An open mind; the desire to learn the best language/technology to solve a given problem.
- Keen interest in and a good understanding of machine learning theory and practice.
- Knowledge of core computer science concepts such as: data structures and algorithms, code profiling/optimization.
- Hacker attitude: hunger for resolving enigmas, finding solutions to riddles and facing uncommon challenges.
- Readiness to work in uncertainty regarding the resolution of a problem, the existence of means to resolve it and, sometimes, in the absence of precise objectives.
- Autonomous and responsible; organized and structured in initiatives and work.
- Detail-oriented and able to keep a global vision of the issues and their solutions.
- Positive attitude, friendliness, and generosity.
- Deep understanding of machine learning theory and practice (feature engineering, regularization, hyperparameter tuning, ensemble methods, CNNs, and RNNs).
- Expertise in data analysis (experiment design, classification, regression, unsupervised methods)
- Detailed knowledge of at least one popular Deep Learning library, proven ability to implement in practice any neural network configuration described in the literature.
- Good judgment, prompt decision-making ability, responsibility and accountability
- Commitment to teamwork as both a contributor and a leader
- Excellent communication, analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mindset are central to our values
- Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge the status quo
- Exposure to industry-leading training and development
- Performance-based recognition and rewards
Lead Software Engineering- Machine Learning