Short DescriptionMicron is seeking a Business Intelligence Engineer who can Explore new technologies and system capabilities to improve business value, data quality, and performance.
- Deliver ETL (SSIS), multi-dimensional cubes (SSAS) and reporting (SSRS & Tableau) solutions using Microsoft SQL Server Business Intelligence tools, SAP Hana/Business Objects and/or Tableau.
- Collaborate with business team members and BI Analyst to ensure that the solution is meeting the business needs.
- Analyze and define technical requirements of the development backlog leveraging user story (requirements) and acceptance criteria.
- Complete unit testing, participate in code review, document solution delivery, and coordinate deployment.
- Explore new technologies and system capabilities to improve business value, data quality, and performance.
- Resolve operational issues and ensure the stability of the reporting environment to the business users.
- Participate in on-call operational support rotation.
- Provide a hands-on demonstration of the solution and provide technical support to business team members during testing and deployment phase.
- Provide architectural, functional and process guidance on system capabilities and solution approaches.
- Work within cross-functional teams (Operations areas, Global Supply Chain Engineers, IT) to drive successful deployments.
- Qualified candidates will have:
- Two to three years of experience in ETL development tools, preferably with knowledge of Microsoft Integration Services 2005 or greater (SSIS).
- Experience in Microsoft BI development in Integration Services (SSIS), Analysis Services (SSAS) or Reporting Services (SSRS) 2005 or greater (preferred but not required).
- Experience in database development (T-SQL, PLSQL, and/or SQL scripts)
- Development experience within the past year with one or more data visualization/reporting tools (Tableau, Qlik, Business Objects, Hana Analytics, Microsoft Reporting Services, Hana Analytics)
- A strong systems background, good oral and written communication, problem-solving, teamwork and consensus-building skills.
- Experience with Agile project management.
- Data Vault, Inmon, or Kimball data architecture knowledge is a plus
- Self-motivation with the ability to consistently achieve desired results.
- Experience with SAP ECC and APO.
- Industry experience in high tech manufacturing.
- Supply Chain Management education.
- SharePoint design and administration experience is a plus.
Business Intelligence Engineer