Short DescriptionAmerican Express is hiring a Engineer who has the Ability to effectively interpret technical and business objectives and challenges, and articulate solutions.
- This high energy Senior Engineer must have:
- A BachelorÔ??s degree in computer science, computer engineering, other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- 4+ years of software development experience with proven hands-on experience in BigData technologies.
- Familiar with Agile or other rapid application development methods. Experience with design and coding across one or more platforms and languages as appropriate.
- Hands-on expertise with application design, software development and automated testing.
- Ability to effectively interpret technical and business objectives and challenges, and articulate solutions.
- Displays understanding of different Algorithms & Machine Learning techniques and their application in the Customer Marketing domain.
- Ability to think abstractly and deal with ambiguous/under-defined problems. Ability to enable business capabilities through innovation.
- High energy, demonstrated willingness to learn new technologies, and takes pride in how fast they develop working software.
- Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases.
- Demonstrated experience with object-oriented design and coding with variety of languages.
- Knack to guide/mentor other team members in both technology and domain.
- Strong programming knowledge in Java
- Solid understanding of data structures, Algorithms & Design Patters is required
- Hands-on experience in Big Data technologies (at least MapReduce, Hive and Hbase)
- Understanding and experience with UNIX / Shell / Perl / Python scripting
- Database query optimization and indexing
- Web services design and implementation using REST / SOAP
- Strong analytical ability
- Excellent communication skills