Short DescriptionNovartis is looking for a Senior Data Scientist who has the Ability to initiate and drive projects from conception to completion with minimal guidance.
- The role encompasses the full life cycle- from design, implementation, and rollout of the solutions.
- The mission is to solve scientific, operational and technical challenges.
- The Senior Data Scientist applies and inspires the adoption of advanced data science and analytics across the business
- Collaborate in multi-functional teams to evaluate business activities, and then develop innovative and effective approaches to tackle the team's analytics problems and communicate results and methodologies.
- Ability to initiate and drive projects from conception to completion with minimal guidance.
- Innovates and recommends advanced predictive analytics, computational science, Natural Language Processing (NLP), machine learning and deep learning techniques to answer research questions and synthesize insights that achieve business objectives.
- Establishes scalable, efficient, automated solutions for large scale data analyses, model development, model validation, and model implementation. Works to translate prototypes into new products, services, and features and provide guidelines for large-scale implementation.
- Be ultimately accountable for the full lifecycle of the solution
- Communicate complex data or algorithms into simple conclusions that will empower leadership to drive action based on the insights you derive.
- Excellent quantitative skills and the ability to tell a story using data.
- Manage a small staff of data scientists in support of the above activities. Provide coaching and mentoring to achieve a high-performing team.
- Masters or PhD. from top University in Statistics, Operational Research, Computer Science or in a quantitative field. English
- 8+ years in predictive modeling and large data analysis.
- 5+ years' of experience with data querying languages (e.g. SQL) and scripting languages (e.g. Python, R, Scala or similar languages), or deep learning libraries (e.g. Tensorflow, Pytorch)
- Expertise in at least some visualization tools such as R-shiny, Qlikview, Spotfire, Tableau, Matplotib or similar tools for designing insights is good to have.
Senior Data Scientist