Short DescriptionGartner is hiring a Software Engineer - Machine Learning who has the Ability to write production-quality object-oriented code in at least one of the following programming languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala or C#.
- Apply knowledge of statistics, machine learning, programming, and data modeling to build solutions for recognizing patterns in the real-world data, organizing information, extracting entities and discovering relations between them, leading to prototype development and product improvement.
- Use an analytical approach to design, develop, and evaluate predictive models and advanced algorithms that lead to optimal value extraction from the data.
- Work with engineers to translate prototypes into new products, services, and features and provide guidelines for large-scale implementation.
- Extend, develop, program and implement new algorithms.
- BE/BTech or MCA degree in full time.
- 3 to 5 years of total programming experience;
- Ability to write production-quality object-oriented code in at least one of the following programming languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala or C#;
- An open mind; the desire to learn the best language/technology to solve a given problem;
- Deep understanding of machine learning theory and practice (feature engineering, regularization, hyperparameter tuning, ensemble methods, CNNs and RNNs);
- Expertise in data analysis (experiment design, classification, regression, unsupervised methods);
- Knowledge of core computer science concepts such as data structures and algorithms, code profiling/optimization.
- Detailed knowledge of at least one popular Deep Learning library, proven ability to implement in practice any neural network configuration described in the literature.
- Proficiency with regular expressions and other deterministic methods for processing text as well as experience in practical NLP is a plus;
- Ease with Linux;
- Hacker attitude: hunger for resolving enigmas, finding solutions to riddles and facing uncommon challenges;
- Readiness to work in uncertainty regarding the resolution of a problem, the existence of means to resolve it and, sometimes, in the absence of precise objectives;
- Be open to work in an open source technology-based implementations and solutions and not be bound to a specific tool, technology or framework.
- Autonomous and responsible; organized and structured in initiatives and work;
- Detail-oriented and able to keep a global vision of the issues and their solutions.
- Positive attitude, friendliness, and generosity.
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mind-set are central to our values. Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company.
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge the status quo
- Exposure to industry-leading training and development
- Performance-based recognition and rewards
Software Engineer - Machine Learning