Short DescriptionUber is looking for a Sr Software Engineer who can Build and maintain real-time/batch data pipelines that can consolidate and clean up usage analytics.
- Responsible for defining the Rider Data Architecture
- Identify unified data models collaborating with Data Science teams
- Streamline data processing of the original event sources and consolidate them in the source of truth event logs
- Build and maintain real-time/batch data pipelines that can consolidate and clean up usage analytics
- Build systems that monitor data losses from mobile sources
- Devise strategies to consolidate and compensate the data losses by correlating different sources
- 6+ years of experience in building large scale products, distributed systems in a high caliber environment
- Architecture: Knowledge of data structures and an eye for architecture. You can discuss the tradeoff between architectural choices, both on a theoretical level and on an applied level.
- Strong coding/debugging abilities: You have advanced knowledge of at least one programming language and are happy to learn more. Our core languages are Java, Python, and Scala.
- Big data: Experience with Distributed systems such as Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Kafka is preferred.
- Data pipeline: Strong understanding in SQL, Database. Experience in building data pipelines is a great plus. Love getting your hands dirty with the data implementing custom ETLs to shape it into information.
- A team player: You believe that you can achieve more on a team that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You rely on others' candid feedback for continuous improvement.
- Design and business acumen: You understand requirements beyond the written word. Whether you're working on an API used by other developers, an internal tool consumed by our operation teams, or a feature used by millions of customers, your attention to details leads to delightful user experience.
Sr Software Engineer