Short DescriptionAmerican Express is looking for Senior Data Engineer who will be responsible for driving the development of technology solutions for robotics process automation and smart process automation specifically in the area of advanced & standard accounting, machine learning, data science, chatbots, workflow orchestration, other similar solution.
- Responsible for driving the development of technology solutions for robotics process automation and smart process automation specifically in the area of advanced & standard accounting, machine learning, data science, chatbots, workflow orchestration, other similar solution
- Performs hands-on architecture, design, and development of systems on Machine Learning, Data Science, Python, Deployment on PaaS, knowledge of Docker, knowledge of CI/CD
- Functions as Senior member of an agile team and helps drive consistent development practices w.r.t. tools, common components, and documentation
- Typically spends 80% of time writing code and testing, and the remainder of time collaborating with stakeholders through ongoing product/platform releases
- Develops a deep understanding of tie-ins with other Amex systems and platforms within the supported domains
- The Individual is expected to be at top of the market landscape and local priorities by proactively engaging with business partners learning about their priorities and supporting them in key strategic areas.
- Bachelor degree in engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science.
- 8+ years of software development experience with proven hands-on experience in one or more technologies
- Strong programming skills in MACHINE LEARNING (PYTHON, SPARK).
- Strong programming skills in WEB DEVELOPMENT React/Node, R/Shiny, Python/Django
- Strong programming skills in RESTFUL API Integration
- Familiar with Agile or other rapid application development method
- Experience with design and coding across one or more platforms and languages as appropriate
- Displays an understanding of different Algorithms & Machine Learning techniques and their application
- Strong analytical/conceptual thinking acumen to solve unstructured and complex business problems and articulate key findings to senior leaders/stakeholders in a succinct and concise manner.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and across a matrix organization partnering with the finance team, enterprise technology teams, and external vendors to deliver solutions at top speed.
Senior Data Engineer Python, Machine Learning, Spark, REST AP