Short DescriptionAmerican Express is hiring a Cloud Engineer who can Work on Cloud Platform Infrastructure design to host the platform and application components in a secured and governed way.
- Work on a highly scalable, extensible, available and resilient multi-tenant Hybrid Cloud Platform that can host large scale tier-0 applications of American Express
- Work on Compute, network, and storage related technologies in Private and Public Clouds
- Work on Cloud Platform Infrastructure design to host the platform and application components in a secured and governed way
- Work on PaaS/Containers (Docker, Kubernetes) and IaaS (VMs) related technologies
- Contribute to architectures & solution approaches to deliver a comprehensive Hybrid Cloud Platform
- Have a focus on delivery: driving an idea from concept to design to production following an Agile process.
- Be passionate about quality metrics in product implementation.
- Stay current on trends in fast-moving Cloud technologies such as Containerization, Kubernetes, Mesos, SDN & Public Cloud provider capabilities.
- Be a self-starter and work with minimal supervision. Mentor junior engineers in the team
- Own complete product development lifecycle including deployment, documentation and support
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other technical disciplines.
- 6+ years of overall experience in Cloud Engineering, Infrastructure Management, or DevOps SRE functions
- Experience in Linux preferably RHEL, CentOS or Ubuntu
- Experience in Container management technologies such as Kubernetes, etc.
- Excellent understanding of Infrastructure, Virtualization, Containers, Network, Storage, Monitoring tools, Logging analytic tools, Firewalls & Security policies
- Experience in Private Cloud Platforms and Public Clouds (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.)
- Experience with Infrastructure and Application Performance Management tools (Prometheus, Nagios, Cloud Watch, Splunk, App Dynamics, New Relic, DynaTrace, etc.)
- Excellent understanding of application development languages/platforms (Java, .NET, Go, Python, etc.) and importance of APIs and REST based services
- Excellent understanding of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CICD) tools and processes (Examples: Jenkins, Chef, Ansible, etc.)
- Passionate about developer ecosystem and developer/SRE workflows
- Hands-on experience with scripting languages such as Python, Perl, etc.
- Experience with Agile methodology to drive software development and delivery
- Experience in Infrastructure as a Code technologies such as Terraform, etc.
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other technical disciplines
- Contributions to any Cloud Open Source projects