Short DescriptionTwitter is hiring an Engineering Manager who can Drive cross-team and cross-org alignment around reliability between Product and Infrastructure engineering teams.
- Own and drive your team of engineers engaging in Incident Management, Root Cause Analysis, Change Management and project/ programs to improve key performance metrics.
- Possess the technical experience and hands-on technical skills to partner with team members and be comfortable diving into the fray as needed.
- Mentor, grow, and empower your team by giving them the skills, confidence and motivation to make decisions independently that lead to their personal and professional success, and enable them to become technical leaders.
- Help the individuals on your team to build and execute personal development plans that align with Twitter's goals and objectives, and understand how their work fits into the bigger picture.
- Scale the team up by sourcing and hiring talented operational focused engineers both externally and internally.
- Take an active role in driving and evolving the roadmap for the TCC Org.
- Drive cross-team and cross-org alignment around reliability between Product and Infrastructure engineering teams.
- Partner with other Engineering Managers across Twitter to achieve reliability outcomes for their services.
- You have 5+ years of software support, reliability, or operations engineering experience in a highly customer-focused environment.
- You have 3+ years experience successfully managing a team of 5-8 engineers on large-scale projects that included technical deep-dives and production troubleshooting in the areas of: distributed systems, code, networking, storage, and operating systems.
- You possess strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate teams.
- You will bring a strong perspective and collaborative partnership that drives change, and motivates engineers to develop simple solutions to complex operational or reliability challenges.
- You have experience formulating a team's technical strategy and roadmap, and you've collaborated and partnered effectively with several other teams.
- You can provide a strong technical vision for systems and infrastructure teams.
- You are capable of leading a discussion with upper management and are able to tailor the level of technical detail to suit your audience.
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience.