Short DescriptionAmerican Express is hiring a Sr Cloud Infrastructure Automation Engineer who has Experience with Agile methodology to drive software development and delivery.
- Work on a highly scalable, extensible, available and resilient multi-tenant Hybrid Cloud Platform that can host large scale tier-0 applications of American Express
- Develop large scale multi-tenant software components in the Platform in an Agile based methodology by using Cloud platform and infrastructure APIs, DevOps and CICD tools
- Use cloud-native technologies, container and container management technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Contribute to architectures & solution approaches to deliver a comprehensive Hybrid Cloud Platform.
- Have a focus on delivery: driving an idea from concept to design to production following an Agile process.
- Be passionate about quality metrics in product implementation
- Stay current on trends in fast-moving Cloud technologies, Containerization, and evolution of Micro-services
- Be a self-starter and work with minimal supervision. Mentor junior engineers in the team
- Own complete product development lifecycle including deployment, documentation, and support
- BachelorÔ??s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or another technical discipline.
- 8+ years of overall software development experience with 4+ years of focus in PaaS or Application framework development.
- Proficiency in writing high-quality code with expertise in Java or Go.
- Hands-on experience with scripting languages such as Python, Perl, etc.
- Experience with logging tools such as Splunk, etc. and application and monitoring tools such as AppDynamics, Dynatrace, Prometheus, etc.
- Proficiency in modeling REST services and API definitions following best practices of service abstractions.
- Hands-on knowledge of emerging Micro-services and Orchestration frameworks
- Experience building generic services and instrumentation of libraries for wide use across an organization/company
- Hands-on experience with Docker containers, CICD tools such as Jenkins, and DevOps tools
- Experience with Agile methodology to drive software development and delivery
- Experience in Container management technologies such as Kubernetes, etc.
- Experience in CD tools such as Ansible, Chef, etc.
- Experience in Infrastructure as Code technology such as Terraform, etc.
- Experience in Computer, Network (software-defined networking), and Storage related technologies
- MasterÔ??s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or another technical discipline
- Contributions to any Cloud Open Source projects
Sr Cloud Infrastructure Automation Engineer