Short DescriptionFacebook is hiring a Partner Engineer who have Deep hands-on DevOps-type experience of modern public cloud infrastructure as a deployment platform.
- Deeply understand the various Facebook platforms and the underlying implementation
- Be a technical expert on integrating Wi-Fi network solutions, Facebook software and internet.org core features with ISPs' infrastructure
- Expert with hands-on skills on modern public cloud infrastructure.
- Help our partners to launch the internet.org service in their networks
- Manage the technical relationship with the ISP partners, provide technical support and handle service outages
- Drive partner requirements, bugs and feature requests with Product and Engineering.
- Help our partners to leverage modern cloud infrastructure as a deployment platform for mission-critical network services.
- Write documentation, samples, and other materials to share with the broader Facebook developer community
- Previous experience (3+ years) as a solutions engineer, technical sales consultant or partner/sales engineer in IT/networking field.
- Deep hands-on experience of Linux/UNIX systems, an Internet protocol stack, system administration, deployment automation.
- Experience in scripting (bash, python) and deployment automation (CI/CD).
- Deep hands-on DevOps-type experience of modern public cloud infrastructure as a deployment platform.
- Good understanding of modern large-scale internet service architectures (load balancing, LAMP stack, CDNs), even if you haven't worked on one.
- Hands-on experience on configuring and maintaining commons applications such as Apache, Memcached, Squid, MySQL, DHCP, NTP, SSH, DNS, SNMP
- Good understanding of core networking (Layers 1-3)
- Good understanding of access networks (air interface, backhaul)
- Sharp and tenacious troubleshooting skills: you can fix anything
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Experience in communicating with technical and business audiences.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent degree/experience
- Willingness to travel ~50% of your time.